Concession Scheme for the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Recipients
To facilitate more Comprehensive Social Security Assistance(CSSA) recipients joining our services, Caritas Youth and Community Service (YCS) offers the Concession Scheme (Scheme) for all CSSA recipients who wish to enroll the courses/ activities organized by YCS. The details are as below:
Details of the Scheme :
- Each CSSA recipient with valid membership of YCS can enjoy a maximum amount of subsides of HK$2,000 each year for courses/activities enrollment, with the condition of not exceeding HK$1,000 for each half year. Each subsidy year is from April 1 to March 31,i.e. the first half year is from April 1 to September 30 and the second half year is from October 1 to March 31. At the end of each period, any unused balance will expire and will be forfeited. The unused balance will NOT be transferable or accumulated across periods.
- Each CSSA recipient can only apply this Scheme from one of the service units of YCS, yet subsidies can be applied for the courses/activities organized by all service units of YCS. If any user had applied this Scheme from more than one service unit, the user’s entitlement for this Scheme will be suspended for that subsidy year. The user can only re-apply this Scheme in the next subsidy year starting on April 1.
- CSSA recipients have to pay HK$10 for each of the course/activity they enrolled while the rest of the fee can be subsidized from the balance of this Scheme. Any CSSA recipient who applies for subsidies should present his/her discount card before enrollment. Our staff would record the amount of subsidies applied on the applicant’s discount card each time for updating the balance.
- The balance of this Scheme on the discount card shall prevail in case of any discrepancy.
- This Scheme does not apply to group activity fee, transportation fee, material fee and the activities that are indicated as “No subsidy or discount”.
- The maximum quotas for users of this Scheme is 10% of total enrollment per each course/activity. The quotas are under the first-come-first-serve basis.
- If the balance of this Scheme is fully consumed within each period, the user cannot enjoy further subsidy until the start of next period.
- Discount cards will be issued by the service units and will only be effective with the signature of the center supervisor and seal of the service units.
- The balance of this Scheme is non-exchangeable for cash.
- There is no replacement of lost discount cards. The applicants can only apply for the new discount cards in next period.
- YCS reserves the right to modify the terms of this Scheme.
Note: “Course/Activity” includes all Social & Skills Development Programmes and other activities organized by the service units.
Caritas Youth and Community Service
Revised on 1 April 2018